10 Verses For Moms
First of all, let me make it very clear that I love my two girls very, very much. And love (almost) all that comes along with motherhood. But let's be real for one second, I can't say I necessarily love, for example, the delivery part (ouch), or the never-ending "who-what-where-when-why?" questioning of toddlers (Lord, beer me strength). It's during those times specifically that I like to look to my 10 favorite verses for Moms. I hope that these are as encouraging to you as they are to me!
Also, I've included some wallpapers to download and be reminded of these when you look at your phone!
10 VERSES FOR MOMS
1. "The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still." - Exodus 14:14
* Even if being still is only for 8 seconds at the end of the day before you pass out.
2. "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." - James 1:19
* And sometimes slow to become angry means hiding in the bathroom for a few minutes.
3. "Cast your cares on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." - Psalm 55:22
4. "But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31
* This is hard for me at times, because as a mom, I often feel so tired. I honestly have been praying a simple prayer throughout the day - "Lord, give me energy." And, He does.
5. "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." - 2 Corinthians 4:16
* Probably not the most encouraging verse for a mom since everything feels extra squishy after having babies, but I am encouraged that it's not my looks that will matter at the end of my life. That God is renewing my heart.
6. "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." - Jeremiah 31:25
* Again, being a mother can be so tiring and that can often cause us to check out of other areas in our life (i.e. loving our husbands well, or not caring how much time you're on your phone). But, we must ask the Lord for the strength and energy we need to live healthy, well-rounded lives both as wives, moms + followers of Jesus.
7. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:9
*One of my favorite parenting quotes says this, "Children are not a distraction from more important work, they are the most important work." Amen. We must not grow weary from our most important work because we will reap a great harvest if we do not give up.
8. "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7
* I love two things about this verse: 1. It actually uses the word anxiety. It doesn't say sorrows, or cares, or troubles -- but anxiety. I can so relate to that. And 2. This verse starts off with the active word "cast." (To throw something forcefully in a specific direction.) May we remember to throw our anxiety upwards in prayer!
9. "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." - Psalm 150:6
* Just remember that's what your kids are doing at 2:30am when they're crying. They're just praisin' the Lord y'all. 😂
10. "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7
* I get a little emotional thinking of my kids going out on their own someday, but even so, I know that I will be a mother to them even when they don't live under my roof. My prayer is that I will finish this current part of the race well, the 18ish years they do live in my home, and keep the faith -- leading by example with grace and joy.
I hope these verses encourage you in motherhood as much as they encourage me. I would love to know which is your favorite in the comments and say "Hi!" on Instagram if you want to follow along as I journey through motherhood - @brookecourtney.